Parish Council Meetings

Stanbridge Parish Council meetings are normally held at 7:30 pm on the second Tuesday of the month, in the Stanbridge and Tilsworth Community Hall. See Events Calendar for details.

Parish Council Newsletter
Available here: April_2015.pdf

Issues with cookies when registering or logging in.
Your cookie settings will depend upon your browser, this website here - has a list of all browsers available and how to change cookie settings for each of them. Find your browser in the list, eg Chrome, Internet Explorer, click it and follow the steps.

New Facebook Page...
Click below to like and support this new method of communication.

For Village Hall bookings please click here 


Central Bedfordshire Council Highways Department

In view of the recent issues highlighted by several concerned residents, regarding the installation of the speed humps in Tilsworth Road, please note you can raise any concerns or complaints on this matter, other speeding or highways issues including pavements, on the following number and email:

Central Bedfordshire Council Highways Department, tel: 0300 300 8049 or email: or click on the following link to their website:

The Parish Council are also in communication with CBC regarding this issue and other speeding problems. You can also raise any Central Beds Council issues with our Ward Councillor Mark Versallion, tel: 0300 300 8555 or email:  or see his Councillor page:


Solar farm

There has been some call for a discussion purely for the Solar farm. This has been done and is avaliable underneath the discussions tab. 
Or a link is avaliable here:

A rumour has spread saying that the solar farm has been granted planning permission by CBC.  THIS IS UNTRUE.  The solar farm consultants have continued to work with CBC on a possible new application, as they are entitled to do.  Stanbridge Parish Council's view has not changed since the last letter that was written to CBC.  Any future application (should one be made), will be considered by the Parish council in conjuction with the residents.  Until then, the Parish Council will continue to monitor the situation.
The website follows its original statment: "The application for a solar farm has now been withdrawn and our webpage has been archived, please contact the councillors for further information if needed."


Stanbridge Motocross - Application CB/14/03678/VOC
The Committee Meeting was held at 10 am on Wednesday 14th January 2015, at CBC offices, Chicksands in Shefford.
Stanbridge, Eaton Bray and Billington were all represented, and members from all 3 Parish Councils spoke against the planning request along with a number of local residents from the 148 who objected.  Mark Versallion also spoke on our behalf and against the application. The site operator and one other spoke for the application. The Committee voted 7-3 in Favour. Therefore the operator will be able to run the Motocross from October 1st to 30th April with 18 bikes (7 months) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10-1 pm and 1:30-3:30 pm.

Prior to October 1st, the current permissions will remain in place: 7 bikes 10-12:30 pm and 2:30-5 pm. 


Contact Details

See the clerks page, for further contact details